In social interactions, teeth are one of your first-noticed and most-seen attributes. Accordingly, having a smile you love can boost your confidence and help ensure that your face-to-face conversations are more enjoyable. If you want to amp up the impact of your first impressions and enhance your smile, teeth whitening can help you do just that! Read below to earn more about how teeth whitening can benefit you, and contact Drs. Dennis and Tyler Lockney in Concord, NC, if you are interested in undergoing treatment.
Am I a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Before considering teeth whitening, your teeth should be free from teeth decay and gum disease. Your dentist can help you treat these conditions and ensure that your smile is ready for whitening treatment. Additionally, teeth whitening does not target porcelain dental restorations, meaning that patients who have visible veneers, crowns, bridges, or other restorations may not be a good candidate for whitening procedures. Although in some cases, your dentist can help plan your treatment to accommodate your restorations.
Teeth Whitening Step By Step
Your teeth whitening treatment will last about an hour and it begins with you visiting our Concord office and getting comfortable in the dentist’s chair. Then, your dentist will prepare your teeth and administer the whitening treatment:
- First, the dentist will separate your teeth from the oral tissues using a dental dam.
- Next, your dentist will apply whitening gel to the teeth.
- Depending on the whitening system, your dentist will direct a special UV light at the teeth to speed or enhance the whitening process.
- The whitening gel then remains on your teeth for about an hour.
- Finally, the gel is removed from your teeth and the dentist will rinse your mouth to ensure you do not swallow any gel.
After your treatment, you will notice immediate results! If you think you can benefit from teeth whitening, a consultation with your dentist ensures that this is the best treatment plan for you.
For more information on teeth whitening, please contact Drs. Dennis and Tyler Lockney in Concord, NC at (704) 788-4144!